Friday 2 September 2011

Job Description

After a smarty pants told me that I could add that to my job description today I thought it was high time I actually wrote it down, so here goes.
(Please note that much if this would never be found on a piece of actual paper)
  • teacher
  • child minder
  • referee
  • councillor (...really, now how does that make you feel?)
  • nurse, no lets make it doctor
  • apprentice builder (it is a hard life holding things in place)
  • fencing contractor
  • station hand (including yard work, lick runs)
  • art critic (Oh that looks nice, very colourful. I love the shapes you used ...)
  • chef extraordinaire (ummm dinner? Sausages are on top so curried sausages it is.)
  • cleaner
  • first aid officer
  • disciplinarian
  • secretary (I swear I spend as much time answering the phone as I do teaching school)
  • gardener
  • painter
  • baker(yummm cake)
  • hair dresser
  • technical officer (well you know how to use yours so you must know whats wrong with mine)
  • artist
  • resource developer (someone has to come up with the fun number and alphabet games)
  • photographer
  • weather presenter
  • furniture removalist
  • rubbish disposalist (well burner)
  • examiner
  • story teller
  • shop assistant
  • editor
  • producer
  • audience (sometime reluctant)
  • detective
  • treasure hunter
  • personal shopper (The first day I went shopping with my boss we got four trolleys full ... then we had to fit it in the car. Since that fateful day I have done many a shop myself)
  • packer
  • taxi (getting kids to cluster is such hard work)
  • coach
  • tow vehicle/rescue
  • spotter (for roos, boggy patches, how close)
  • animal husbandry expert
  • butchers apprentice
  • emergency carer
  • electrician (darn powers out, nope not the fuses, bloody generator)
  • plumber
  • diesel mechanic (well checking the water, oil and filling the generator with diesel must count for something)
  • parts photographer (so they can repair the stinking generator so we don't have to use the crank one)
  • scientist
  • metal detector
  • life saver (I'm the Queen of the dam)
  • supervisor
  • events manager (how else would we get Fun Friday ... and I do share knowledge about coming events)
  • official wet season gate person (VERY important job, I swear the only reason I was invited on the emergency shopping trips was to open the gates)
  • repair person
  • computer technician (honestly if you know one thing about a computer you must know everything)
  • freight carrier (who else would bring all that important stuff home)
  • DJ
  • washer woman
  • goat wrangler (the stinking things got into the yard AGAIN)
  • judge ( I don't care who was on there first the rule is one at a time so you a banned for the rest of the day ... hmmm harsh)
  • mail lady
  • entertainer/hostess
  • musterer (okay so that one is really stretching the truth, I walked and trotted on a horse to the creek and back but then again I have helped out in a ute)
  • dog trainer
  • maid
Well the list keeps going
(some things may be stretching the truth just a bit)



3 comments:

  1. I hear you, I was a cook on a cattle station in QLD and I was all this and more as well. Fantastic time. Enjoy! Bushbelles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I think I would get bored if I didn't do everything else plus it is part of properly experiencing the lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT...people ask me all the time what is a governess is. They just don't get that it isn't just about one thing. It touches on everything.

    Love it

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add sunshine to my day ... so leave as many as you like.