Thursday 23 October 2014

Peaceful Evening

Well the plan was cockatoos or rainbow lorikeets, but then these cuties decided to visit the tree outside my home.


These are Peaceful Doves which are a type of pigeon native to Australia and New Guinea.


They are often found in pairs, groups or flocks.


I usually see them scuttling along on the ground. They are ground feeding birds. These ones were roosting on sunset, getting comfortable in the tree outside our place.


I am pretty sure they were all paired up and loved up with two females and two males with blue around their eyes.


They are so little and delicate looking. They also make pretty good puff balls as they were doing in the tree, fluffed up for the night.


See, little cuties.



http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/wild-bird-wednesday-119-australian.html

10 comments:

  1. Awww... they are so cute and fluffy....

    I can never get very close to any I see around here ...they are pretty skittish....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very cute but boy they can run fast when you try taking photos of them on the ground.

      Delete
  2. What gorgeous little creatures! I wish we had some over here to balance out the loud racket that the other birds make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very pretty in their cute little way. Oh they might be little but you can certainly hear them when they aren't trying to fade into the scenery.

      Delete
  3. They are much cuter than our doves and pigeons. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very cute. We go from having these to having massive white ones. When I was finding their name it said 'peaceful doves, a pigeon native to ...'

      Delete
  4. I took a photo of one of these birds at the Healesville sanctuary and I had no idea they were a dove. Thanks for enlightening me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they are called peaceful dove but are a pigeon ... funny. This is the only place I've seen them, they wander the streets blending in nicely with the bitumen.

      Delete

Your comments add sunshine to my day ... so leave as many as you like.