Thursday 8 December 2016

Views in the 'Ville



During the end of last week and over the weekend I was enjoying this view.

Summer = stinger time (box jelly fish)

What a way to officially bring in Summer!


Now I wasn't really there for the view, although it is one I enjoy every time. I was there to spend time with family.
Anyone following along in Instagram probably has an idea of what I've been up to lately.

Magnetic Island and the jetty from The Strand.

Mum, Bro S, Sis C and her daughters, and her mother in law, had flown up to visit and sight see. More to visit, really.

Magnetic Island

I hope they had a good time. I know I certainly enjoyed the visit, as crazy as it was. A nearly 16yr old, an 18 month old and a nearly 4 year old certainly kept us on our toes. I can't believe that Bro S is nearly 16, let alone that he is catching us all up in height. And the last time I saw my nieces, little Miss A still hadn't mastered walking. How much they are all growing!

Castle Hill looking over the city.

Fingers crossed it is only a couple of weeks until I see them again. As I keep saying "that is the plan".

The jetty, Magnetic Island and the stinger net up for swimming in.

We kept pretty busy while in Townsville but there were also the relaxing quiet times. I quite possibly tagged along to Kmart as my first spot to visit when I arrived on Thursday. May I just add that it was a better one than any of ours further north, as seems to be the case with most shops, not that I am a real 'shopping' person.

Castle Hill

We managed to get some of the usual sights in that I also usually visit but also tried out a new spot. More on that later, hopefully. Knowing my blogging rates at the moment, who knows.

The port.

Right now I think I am still on the happy high from seeing family, even though I was sad to wave goodbye. 

Do you look forward to family visits?
Are yours as chaotic as ours?

Can you believe how close Christmas is?!!!!



8 comments:

  1. Wow! So pretty! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who wouldn't enjoy their visit in such a setting? Great photos.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have always enjoyed visits to Townsville, especially The Strand but seeing family there makes it so much better.

      Delete
  3. Visiting some of the islands off Queensland is high on my travel list. I hope one year very soon! Enjoy the start of summer and have a fabulous weekend. And thank you for stopping by my blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wouldn't mind visiting some more islands as well. Maybe one day. I would also love to visit your side of the country and your blog makes me want to even more. Enjoy the lead up to Christmas and stay cool.

      Delete
  4. It must have been so nice having family visit, and sad to see them go again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always nice to see family and it is never long enough.

      Delete

Your comments add sunshine to my day ... so leave as many as you like.