Sunday 18 November 2012

A Lazy School Day

On Friday we steered clear of the curriculum and had a lazy school day ... okay not so lazy. We are coming up to the end of the school year and have very little work left to do. The count down is up on the board at the children's insistence but I am not really enjoying watching the numbers go down and knowing that this also marks about how long it is until I leave. I like the kids though am happy that the holidays are creeping ever closer.

We did maths worksheets I made up as well as some I printed out.

This sheet can be found here.
 
 
We made cool crab crackers for smoko with Jatz, dip, cheese, carrot and sultanas.

 
We played a dice game called 'roll a turtle' that involved drawing a turtle by the number rolled.

 
We wrote acrostic poems about something from the ocean and made bright balancing crabs.

This activity and printout can be found here

We finished reading the second 'Rowan of Rin' book by Emily Rodda which the kids LOVED and we practised dances for our end of school musical. We then finished the school day on a high note playing computer games and drinking choc banana smoothies.

 
The evening saw Boss Lady H and myself heading down to the house dam to start the pump so we had water (long story short the windmill is broken). Imagine our surprise when we almost walked into a roo and then saw a lone pelican on the very low dam.


 
 As the light faded I got a snap of the three boys perched on a rock watching their Dads bring the weaners back after a day out tailing them.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to the crab making - I like this idea.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add sunshine to my day ... so leave as many as you like.