Thursday 2 January 2014

Done and Dusted

Well I guess that was Christmas, "another year over and a new one just begun ..."
It seems that between work and well work the lead up to Christmas and the festive season has just sped on by leaving me wondering in it's wake, watching it's dust fade into the distance.

It is now the start of a new year one that I hope will be filled with plenty of love, hope, dreams and new roads to be travelled.

Now our Christmas was a short one with Mr Sparky working Christmas Eve and myself on Boxing Day. It was certainly a new experience and very different to what I am used to. We did however have the tree decorating (a little early due to Mr Sparky's enthusiasm).


I spent some time Christmas crafting.


There was the customary carol watching in present wrapping.




The Christmas treat making and consequently the too much eating and ending up sharing with many at both our work places.



There was some pre Christmas gift giving and receiving.


Then there was the not quite planned, quick road trip south to Townsville to spend Christmas with some of Mr Sparky's extended family.



There was food and chatter and laughter.


Then New Years, well there was nothing much. I shamefully only made it as far as the 9pm fireworks on T.V then toddled off to bed. It was quiet, it was relaxed and with both of us working, Mr Sparky New Year's Eve and myself on New Year's Day, it was just what we needed.

This was a Christmas and New Year like none I have ever had before but I am glad for it all the same and also glad for new adventures 2014 will bring.


I am also extremely glad that we are heading south soon to spend time with my family.

I hope your Christmas was jolly and bright and the New Year brings all that you wish for.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, hoping 2014 is a good one for you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add sunshine to my day ... so leave as many as you like.