I honestly think there is nothing better than waking early and seeing the beginnings of what you know will be a spectacular sunrise. The only thing better is being in a great place to see or capture it. That place would be minus houses in the way of a great view of the slowly awakening day. Unfortunately my work schedule recently has meant the best view I can get is from my home.
Wednesday last week (forgive me for being a slack blogger) the sky was textured with clouds. What is it about clouds that make sunrise or sunset just that extra bit more spectacular.
This sunrise saw me running from upstairs balcony, to the driveway, to the garden out the back repeatedly to capture the changing colours. It must have seemed a bit made to anyone watching (Mr Sparky, the neighbours). I was at it again this morning so maybe they will get used to my strange morning routine at some point or maybe when we do eventually move to another place they will breath a sigh of relief that the crazy camera lady is gone. Oh not Mr Sparky though, I'll keep him around, he'll just have to deal with it.
Now while you are enjoying this lovely sunrise reenactment happening on this post I thought I would join up with My Home Truths for her regular session of I Must Confess which I have been thinking of joining in with but never quite gotten there.
1. So that is my first little confession that I see all these great bloggy ideas to join in with or link up to and well never quite get there, or I do and then forget to repeat the next week. I am a bit forgetful you see or I just plain forget the day or ...
2. That leads me to my second little confession, I rarely know the date, sometimes I even forget the day. Today I had to sign some paperwork and yet again asked the person behind the desk for the date. Thank goodness it is on my phone screen most of the time, that is when I don't forget that too.
3. I had to sign a mile of certificates on Saturday (which I nearly forgot) and signed one with the student's name Try covering that one up, woops, I managed to though thank goodness.
4.I must confess I am at a bit of a loss today, in someways it is feeling like the second day of my weekend and in another way I feel I should be at work. After a month of pretty much full time plus extra I think I want to go back to work again.
5. Also on the work front I have to confess that I work best when winging it. Making it up as I go. Plan, what plan? Just go with it. This amazingly still worked when trying to organise 4 other helpers on Saturday morning. Thankfully they knew how to wing it too.
6. My last little confession before I bore you to death is that I can be a little one minded as in only thinking of one thing and whatever it is just takes over like that I writing this blog post and Mr Sparky is talking to me and I have no idea what he just said. That also happens with the taking photos, running around the house thing. Sorry Mr Sparky. I better finish up and leave you with the rest of the pictures so I can ask him to 'please say that again' or say the more my style 'huh, what?'
So here you go, more textured, cloudy photos.
And finally a cloudy one from later in the day, just to show those clouds hung around making the sky interesting all day.