Food ... I love it! How about you?
I don't usually take the time to take pictures of my food, instead I am too busy scoffing it down.
The other week when I was grabbing a few things from our grocery shop around the corner and saw pumpkin, feta and basil pizzas in their ready made food fridge section and thought to myself, YUM.
So instead of buying one I spent more than the pizza cost on ingredients, some I had planned to get anyway, and decided to make it myself. So lunch for one, here we come.
A wrap (I used a spinach one)
A slice of pumpkin
A section of capsicum
A bit of feta
Sweet Chilli Sauce
1. Cut the pumpkin, capsicum and basil into small pieces.
2. Spread a small amount hummus on half of the wrap and then fold the wrap in half with the hummus in the middle.
3. Spread some more hummus on the top of your folded wrap.
4. Sprinkle all the chopped ingredients on the top of the wrap.
5. Crumble feta over the top.
6. Drizzle some sweet chilli sauce over the top.
7. Put on a tray in the oven and cook at 180 degreesC until browned and pumpkin is cooked.
I'd say this serves one but obviously you could used two wraps sandwiched together to make it for two.
My tip would be to cut the pumpkin into really little pieces so it cooks fast or to pre cook it.
A variation I have done since then has spinach on it.
I enjoyed this for lunch and have enjoyed it a few more times since.
Obviously recipe writing is not my forte, especially as I didn't measure a thing for this, I just made it. That tends to be a theme in my cooking, just make it.
Do you have any good lunch ideas for one?