Tuesday 9 October 2012

Down on the Farm - Click go the Shears

 
Click go the shears boys, click, click, click
Wide is his blow and his hands move quick
The ringer looks around and is beaten by a blow
And curses the old snagger with the bare-bellied yoe.
(Australian folk song)
 
 
Okay so in modern times there is no clicking of shears more a buzzing and in our case, last week, it was only two sheep being shorn by a travelling shearer who has equipment rigged on the back of his ute and shears the sheep outside.



 
 





 
 




"Where's my Mum?"
(No joke there lamby didn't recognise its Mum after she was shorn and ran around for ages blahing for her when she was just nearby.)

3 comments:

  1. I am hoping that is red paint on the shearers hand piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos make me home sick! I miss country life

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add sunshine to my day ... so leave as many as you like.