Tuesday 3 December 2013

Tis the Season ...

On the weekend we gave up resisting the jolliness of this time of year and put up the Christmas tree.
My family's tradition along with many others has been to put the Christmas tree up on the 1st of December or sometime after that.


The twinkling in the corner of the room at night is enough to lift anyone's spirits and make them feel that Christmas time is near.



Even local trees, even one we can see from our house, are putting on a Christmas like show. Ever since I was out on The Station I connect seeing this beautiful and cheerful poinciana tree in bloom with this time of year.



Is your Christmas tree up? What shouts 'Christmas is near' to you? What traditions do you have?

Grab button for one mother hen

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Putting the tree up always starts the excitement for me. I always put it up on the weekend of our local christmas pageant, at the end of November. This past month has gone so quickly, I've hardly had time to get into the christmas spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add sunshine to my day ... so leave as many as you like.