Friday 19 September 2014

A Weekend Jaunt

Last weekend we headed off on a bit of a driving adventure, just because we could. We've been meaning to for a while and it finally happened.


The day started beautifully, although a pre sunrise wake up (like usual) was a bit too early after 4 days and 4 nights work.


The scenery was beautiful as we headed south of Cairns, all lit up in that golden morning light.


Now these are all your standard from the car, road trip photos because if we stopped for every pretty scene we'd never get anywhere.


The Gordenvale Sugar Mill was hard at work and that smoke/ steam looked amazing in the morning light.


I can see smoke from the mill from my work in downtown Cairns. It billows out over the cane fields.


Then the mist showed up adding an extra something to the beautiful early morning.




So this is the start of our little but long trip, I'll share more later. I am going to milk it for all I can because I enjoyed it sooo much.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome morning photos. The smoke plume does look gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was a beautiful morning. I loves the light making the smoke stand out.

      Delete

Your comments add sunshine to my day ... so leave as many as you like.